Kindergarten.

Caleb. MY Caleb. Left me for another woman. Her name is Mrs. Thomas. And she gets him for 2 1/2 hours, 5 days a week. That's a lot to swallow as a mother!!!  But I survived.


We're definitely at a "me too" stage with this little girl.

 
 I contemplated emailing this photo to Caleb's teacher as a warning.
 But, she's been teaching for over 20 years. 



 An enthusiastic Caleb with his tired daddy. My men are so handsome!

 He asked for monkey brains for breakfast. 
Other kids grew up calling it monkey bread, I'm sure. But I had an awesomely creative mom :)

 
Pouting. It happened a lot this morning. At one point, I took her hands in mine and said dramatically, "Madeline! OH, my Madeline!" She yanked her hands back before I could continue and said, 
"I'm not dead Mom."

 
We managed to cheer her up a little.

 
We picked up our neighbor on the way to school 
(his younger brother ended up with afternoon kindergarten. Bummer).

 
He WOULD NOT let us accompany him into the school today. (Perhaps it has something to do with taking him in yesterday after school to practice finding the different places he needed to go?) So we settled for a photo outside...and then I watched my baby gallop away from me with his friend.

We entertained ourselves by making mini banana muffins and visiting teaching.

 
Such a glorious sight! 

 
Caleb and a girl from the ward
 (one of the 4 or 5 other kids from our ward who happen to be in his class...
yeah, only in Utah. 1/4 of his class is in our ward...). 
They had to line up and touch the fence before being allowed to run to their parents. 
You could totally tell which of us parents were doing this for the first time! 

 
We surprised Caleb with a picnic lunch and playing an hour and a half at the park. 
(Had to wind down his excitement somehow!)
 
She's all smiles now that we have our Caleb back, 
and she understands that she has a lot of work and learning to do when he goes away each day!

1 Response
  1. Unknown Says:

    What a wonderful first day of school for Caleb, and I'll bet Madeline will begin to love her "alone time" with Mom in short order.