Poked and Prodded

Last Friday was Caleb's 2 month wellness check up. It also happened to be the appointment where he got his first round of shots. I was so worried for him that I made Todd come with me...mainly for emotional support.

First they weighed and measured him. It felt like Caleb had been growing right before my eyes a lot of the time - and I was right! Caleb is now 12.12 lbs. and 24.5 inches long (almost double his birth weight!) which puts him in the 93rd percentile for height and 75th for weight. He's somewhere in the 22nd percentile for his head size, which is exactly what you want in a baby (or so says the pediatrician).

After we had a little question and answers session with the doc, a nurse came in and gave him three shots (two in one thigh and one in the other) and an oral vaccine. He cried for about 30 seconds and was fine. I, on the other hand, nervously monitored him constantly for the next 48 hours. I am so thankful for such a healthy baby!!!

Look how exponential his growth charts are!




1 Response
  1. Rake Says:

    wow! that boy is solid. He's almost as big as Halie and she's 7 months old. We would love to see you guys soon. :)